Auslan for Families (Booking Deposit)
$120.00 incl GST
- The Auslan for Families program involves focused Live Zoom sessions for families of Deaf children. It follows a curriculum specially developed by MyAuslan for families of young children with content focused on the everyday conversations between parent and child relevant to family life and events.
- The program also includes written handouts including parent guides with tips and tricks on how to interact with your deaf child in Auslan.
- Each family can have up to 6 people in each session, connecting from up to 3 different devices. This is a great way to involve extended family like siblings, grandparents, relatives or close friends who interact regularly with your deaf child. This also makes it great value compared to individually signing up to other Auslan courses.
- And unlike regular Auslan courses, each session of Auslan for Families is private to your family, giving you 100% focus from a skilled Auslan tutor, trained in MyAuslan curriculum and methods by one of Australia’s foremost Auslan experts.
- You can select from available time-slots here. If there is no suitable time-slot available for the upcoming term, we can put you on our waiting list for when a suitable slot becomes available. You do not need to complete the enrolment form again.
Click here to be added to our waiting list.
- Each stage of the program comprises 10 weekly sessions, and there are 3 stages for under 5s, 3 stages for 5-10 yrs, and an additional stage for tweens/teens. Each 10-week stage must be purchased separately. Sessions will generally start within 2 weeks of purchase. Dates will be confirmed by email within a few days of confirming your booking.
- Sessions run in the same day/time slot each week, excluding public holidays. You can reschedule (with min 24 hrs notice) up to 2 of the sessions to cater for illness, holidays etc (ie skip a week and add a week at the end). Additional catch-up sessions may be possible in different time-slots for an additional charge.
- For plan-managed NDIS participants, we can invoice your plan manager directly if you wish. Self-managed participants can pay by either credit card, PayPal, or Direct Deposit.
- Cost of the program is $1200 per family for a 10 week stage. A 10% deposit is required to book your place. If paying directly, the remainder will be invoiced prior to program commencement. If MyAuslan is invoicing your NDIS plan manager, the deposit will be refunded to you as soon as the plan manager invoice is paid.