- A proud Deaf bilingual native Auslan user (quite a mouthful, eh?), a mother to 4 non-deaf human kids and a large collection of furry & feathery kids.
- A bibliophile and a writer.
- Taught Auslan for over 30 years to people from 0 to 99 (yes, I like Lego).
- Degrees in Linguistics, Education, and Family History (I know – I am a geek!).
- A hunter and collector of both dead and living deaf people in Australia.
- Fun fact – I have over 15 deaf relatives in my family, spanning 4 generations.
Terms of Service
Updated 6th June 2022
- Purchases are sent using Sendle or Australia Post. Shipping providers terms and conditions apply.
- Orders may be left at the specified address without signature at the courier’s discretion, unless you specifically request otherwise.
- If an order has not arrived, you can check with the courier service using the tracking number provided in our email shipment advice, or contact us by email and we will follow-up for you.
- If you have changed your mind about a purchase after it has been dispatched, we are unfortunately not able to offer a refund.
- If a product arrives in a faulty condition, please contact us by email within 2 days of the delivery, attaching a photo of the damaged product, and we will arrange for return and replacement.
- Our website content and all MyAuslan materials and products are our intellectual property unless otherwise stated. No MyAuslan products may be copied by in either physical or electronic form, unless explicitly stated, without express permission from MyAuslan.
- For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online payments are handled by Stripe or PayPal.
- For more information about Stripe policies click here, or about PayPal policies click here.
Downloadable Teaching Resource Packs
By downloading this resource you agree to the following:
- You may use this resource with a single class only.
- You may make one copy for each student in your class of the relevant worksheet and hand-out materials.
- You may not distribute physical or electronic copies of the materials except to the students in your class.
- You may not alter the digital versions of our product in any way.
- If another teacher wishes to use the resource for their class, they are welcome to purchase and download from our site.
- Access Duration
- Your purchase of a course will grant you 1 year of access to the course and all its associated online material.
- Sharing Access
- Access rights are granted to the person who purchased the course, through the credentials (user name and password) they entered when making the purchase. Access rights are not transferrable. Sharing your login details with others for the purpose of enabling them to access the course materials without purchasing a course is a breach of our Terms of Service, and MyAuslan reserves the right to suspend or cancel access rights for any user we believe to have done so.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- The inclusions for each course will be specified in the Course Outline on our website, and may include such elements as self-paced online modules, downloadable documents, “Zoomtorials” small-group live instructor-sessions constructed by Zoom, etc.
- In addition to this, you will have access to a members forum where you can make or read posts (including video posts) and interact with other students to facilitate shared learning.
- Your course instructor or course co-ordinator will also endeavour to answer any questions you may have about the course content. However, this does not include answering extensive general questions about Auslan or giving one-on one tutorials. If you need this type of service you are welcome to book a tutorial session via our website.
Zoomtorial Bookings and Cancellations
- If you have booked a Zoomtorial session when purchasing a course and are unable to attend for any reason, MyAuslan cannot guarantee a place on an alternative session. If you contact MyAuslan to cancel at least 24 hours prior to the booked session, MyAuslan will endeavour to find a place on another session. If the cancellation is notified within 24 hours of the session commencing, or after the session, any subsequent session will attract an additional fee which must be paid prior to attending the revised session.
- MyAuslan reserves the right to reschedule Zoomtorials where necessary due to staff illness or absence, or other operational reasons. Where this happens, MyAuslan will propose an alternative session for affected students. If this alterative session is not suitable for a particular student, and no other alternative is possible, MyAuslan will refund the value of the Zoomtorial component of that course, up to a maximum of $25.00 per session.
Bookings, Cancellations and Refunds
- Purchases of tickets for MyAuslan online and in-person events are non-refundable, unless the event concerned is cancelled or re-scheduled by MyAuslan.
- If a purchaser is no longer able to attend an event, and wishes to transfer their tickets to someone else, and provides the contact details of the transferee to MyAuslan (email@example.com) at least 48 hours prior to the event, MyAuslan will provide the transferee with log-in access to the event for no additional charge.
- If MyAuslan reschedules an event for any reason, and a purchaser is unable to attend at the new date/time, MyAuslan will provide a refund of the ticket cost.
Code of Conduct
Classes, Tutorials and Events
- Online classes, Zoomtorial sessions and events will bring together (virtually or in-person) people who are otherwise unknown to each other. MyAuslan aims to conduct these sessions in atmosphere that is safe, respectful and mutually supportive.
- Any speech, signing, written comments or behaviour which intimidates, mocks, vilifies, degrades or is otherwise likely to offend other participants will not be tolerated.
- Unsafe behaviour of any kind, offensive language, bullying, harassment (including sexual harassment) or indecent exposure will not be tolerated.
- MyAuslan may, at its absolute discretion, remove from a class, session or event, and/or suspend or cancel without notice the access to any course of any student who it considers to have breached this code of conduct. In such circumstances, no refund will be payable.
Members Forums and Blog
- Posts must contain content relevant to Auslan and/or the Deaf community.
- Posts must not contain offensive language, content of a sexual nature, or content which is defamatory, or intimidates, mocks, vilifies, degrades or is otherwise likely to offend other members.
- MyAuslan reserves the right to remove, at its absolute discretion, posts which denigrate, disrespect, or bring into disrepute Auslan, the Deaf community, or MyAuslan, or which breach this code of conduct.
- MyAuslan may, at its absolute discretion, suspend or cancel without notice the access to Members Forums or Courses of any member who it considers to have breached this code of conduct. In such circumstances, no refund will be payable.
Bookings, Cancellations and Refunds
- One-on-one tutoring sessions booked through our website must be paid in advance of the session (either at the time of booking via credit card or PayPal, or prior to the session by Direct Deposit.
- Cancellation requests for a Tutoring booking received by MyAuslan at least 48 hours prior to the booked session will be honoured, and a refund will be provided, less any applicable fee from the payment processor (Stripe or Paypal).
- MyAuslan may cancel a booking at any time due to Tutor illness or misadventure. In such circumstances MyAuslan will endeavour to re-schedule the session. If a mutually agreeable date/time cannot be found, a full refund will be paid.
- While customers may select a preferred Tutor at time of booking, MyAuslan reserves the right to change or substitute the Tutor at its discretion.
Number of Participants per Session
- Tutoring sessions can be booked for a family, with the maximum number of participants at one session being 6.
- Quotes for translations are based on the source material uploaded to our website or emailed to us.
- Quotes are valid for 30 days.
Changes to source material after quote
- Any changes required to the source material, inputs, or output requirements for a translation project after quotation has been provided may be subject to additional charges.
- Payment must be received before translated video or text files are released.
Post-production amendments and corrections
- Any amendments or corrections required to a translation file after it has been delivered that are due to an error or ambiguity in the source material or instructions may be subject to additional charges. Where the amendment is the result of an error or translation inaccuracy by MyAuslan, the amendment or correction will be free of charge.
- MyAuslan is not responsible for the usage of our translations, and any loss or damage that may be incurred by any party as a result thereof. Such usage remains entirely the responsibility of the customer.
Guarantee of Accuracy
- MyAuslan guarantees the accuracy of translations provided. This warranty is limited to the cost of the translation project, and will be fulfilled by either correcting the error and reissuing the translation, or refunding the purchase price. MyAuslan accepts no liability for any loss or damage incurred as a result of usage of or reliance on our translations.
- The contents of this website are protected by copyright law. Except for external links or where otherwise specified, copyright (and any other intellectual property rights) in material published on this website is owned by MyAuslan Pty Ltd.
- Except as permitted by the copyright law applicable to you, including any fair dealing or other statutory use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, you may not reproduce or communicate any of the content on this website, including files downloadable from this website, without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Any permitted reproduction of copyright material, including fair dealing, must:
- acknowledge the relevant rights owner as the source of any such material reproduced;
- reference the copyright or licence conditions under which the material is provided on this site.
- For all requests and inquiries concerning reproduction and rights please contact us